In this episode of David Novak’s podcast “How Leaders Lead”, David talks to Steve Kerr, the head coach of the NBA’s Golden State Warriors.
Steve is a nine-time NBA champion—he won five titles as a player and four as a head coach—so he knows about how to get teams to work together. He believes in understanding and involving people from all parts of the organization. In the NBA, this means from your superstars to your bench players and everyone in between.
Steve will offer strategies for involving people to increase your success. In this episode you'll learn:
- Why joy matters in casting the vision for a team
- What a great team player looks like
- How to work past mental barriers to perform with excellence
- How to motivate a team
- How to delegate areas of weakness with strength
- Why Steve let the Warriors coach themselves one game
- How Steve balances priorities at home and on the court