Your journey as a Novak Leadership student doesn’t end once you walk across the graduation stage. The Novak Leadership Institute maintains an alumni network to provide ongoing support such as networking and education opportunities as you move through your career.
See below for ways you can support your leadership development and invest in current Novak students.
Ways to advance your career:
- Attend Novak events or workshops
- Participate in professional networking
- Participate in (or help coordinate) alumni meetups and dinners in your city
- Recruit current Novak students to your company or organization
- Access Novak library of leadership resources
- Attend annual Novak Leadership Speaker Series event
Ways to serve the Novak Leadership Institute:
- Become a mentor in our Novak Industry Mentoring Program
- Host a student trip or visit to your organization or company
- Attend a Novak course as guest speaker
- Participate in pilot courses or programs and provide feedback
- Participate in research studies conducted by Novak faculty
- Serve on the Novak Leadership Institute Alumni Advisory Board
Novak alumni network
The Novak Leadership Institute alumni network consists of more than 500 Mizzou graduates who have participated in Novak courses and programs. Novak alumni work in more than 30 states in a variety of industries including marketing-communication, media, business consulting, nonprofit leadership, education, and law. Our alumni are active in leadership positions at some of the world’s top organizations.
Novak Alumni Advisory Board
Launched in 2021, the Novak Leadership Institute Alumni Advisory Board consists of a committed group of approximately 20 Novak alumni who participate in a variety of activities to enhance the student experience and support the institute’s alumni.
Advisory board members serve as ambassadors within their organizations and professional networks and act as contacts to communicate across the alumni network.
The alumni board is open to applications year-round. New members are selected every two years. For more details or to apply, please contact Brandon Butcher.