In this episode of David Novak’s podcast “How Leaders Lead”, David talks to Johnny Taylor, president and CEO of the Society for Human Resource Management, the association for more than 300,000 human resource officers in 165 countries.
An organization’s most valuable asset is its people. As a leader, your people are key to satisfying your customers, and your customers are how you stay in business and make an impact in the world.
Johnny believes the key to developing people is empathy, i.e., the ability to see a situation from someone else’s perspective and respond with compassion. He sees empathy as a business skill, something that leaders need to develop to help their organizations succeed.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Three benefits of remote work (and one huge danger)
- The paradigm shift every HR department needs in order to shake the bad rap
- The No. 1 reason you’re overlooking great talent
- How to keep your best people
- Specific ideas to drive diversity and inclusion